Photo

Ben Rabba line and photos

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
45 replies to this topic

#11 Marci

Marci

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 07:16 AM

We were Rollicka's caregivers though the early 1980's, having rescued her from a very bad situation. Rollicka, although very thin when she came to live with us, blossomed quickly and was the pet of all who knew her. All this took place before she went to Jewell Cantrell to live out her days with her son, Ben Rabba.

Rollicka was the particular pride and joy of my daughter, Trini. I have attached an article I wrote, "Remembering Rollicks" for you to enjoy. There is a picture of her attached to the article that does show her very beautiful eye and expression. Her long eared friend (her best friend) is with her. Photo is by Patti Mireles and was taken at the Hearst Ranch during Rollicka's transition to Jewell. She was approximately 29 at the time.

Attached Thumbnails

• Rollicka29.jpg

Attached Files

Marci de la Torre
Pegasus Park Arabians
Wildomar, CA

Home of:
Seraphix (SX Staleys Gemini x Zia Bi Bask) - A *Serafix grandson out of a *Bask/CMK mare!!
Bright Rabba (FV Sharabba x Galana'Zi)- an exciting young Sharabba son out of a Galan/Ga'Zi daughter.
Jewel King (The Chessman x GA Celeste) A rare double Galan++ grandson.
MHR Flame(Port Bask x MHR Polanka) Pure Polish - Mekeel-bred!
A Touch Of Pride (Farlanes Pride+/ x Phylicity) The one and only son of Farlanes Pride+/ in the US.
SX Mister Brilliant (Serazim x BT Cameo by El Brillante). The only entire son of the great Serazim.

#12 Marci

Marci

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 07:28 AM

Here is an article written about Ben Rabba by Carol Mulder. It has lots of pictures and is found on Janice Siders' Diablo Vista Arabians website.

Attached Files

Marci de la Torre
Pegasus Park Arabians
Wildomar, CA

Home of:
Seraphix (SX Staleys Gemini x Zia Bi Bask) - A *Serafix grandson out of a *Bask/CMK mare!!
Bright Rabba (FV Sharabba x Galana'Zi)- an exciting young Sharabba son out of a Galan/Ga'Zi daughter.
A Touch Of Pride (Farlanes Pride+/ x Phylicity) The one and only son of Farlanes Pride+/ in the US.
SX Mister Brilliant (Serazim x BT Cameo by El Brillante). The only entire son of the great Serazim.

#13 Marci

Marci

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 07:49 AM

Here is my Ben Rabba++/ daughter - the, now, 25 year old BEN A DREAM (Ben Rabba x Ohadi Bint Flajur by Mirfey) that was purchased from Dr. David Ward, Fairview Stud, Canada.

AKA "Bambi" - rightly called because of "her" beautiful eyes.

Attached Images

• BambisFilly051308_5.JPG

Marci de la Torre
Pegasus Park Arabians
Wildomar, CA

Home of:

#14 Arlene Magid

Arlene Magid

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,703 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 09:02 AM

Interesting Ben Rabba++ bred horse who is a National winner this year-Rinestone Cowboy+/ won his first National Championship (Canadian National Champion Western Sidesaddle). He is by the double Ben Rabba son Ohadi Indian Fire out of the Ben Rabba mare Dazzle Me and is also quadruple Aurab as Ohadi Indian Fire is by an Aurab son out of an Aurab daughter.

I have a strong interest in this line as my last mare (TT Sporthorse Mare ATH) was out of a Ben Rabba sire line mare.
<p class="bbc_center"><br><br>
</p>

#15 georgiauk

georgiauk

New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 12:50 PM

How lovely to see these pictures being in the UK is so good to see the source..so to speak rolleyes.gif I have a treasured Ben Rabba grand daughter, Bakeeta by Aurelian and her daughter and son both by Russian sires. Babee is a sweetheart a real people lover but even at just 14.1hh is the boss of my small herd wink.gif I can see the likeness to Rollicka, especially those eyes rolleyes.gif I look forward to coming back here and seeing more of the great Ben Rabba's babies and grand babies biggrin.gif This is my favourite pic of Babee as a 3 year old winning Champion Arab at Ayre County Show in Scotland, UK.

Attached Thumbnails

• Bakeeta_Ayr_96.jpg

Posted Image

#16 Eaglerock

Eaglerock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 04:42 PM

QUOTE (Marci @ Nov 16 2008, 10:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We were Rollicka's caregivers though the early 1980's, having rescued her from a very bad situation. Rollicka, although very thin when she came to live with us, blossomed quickly and was the pet of all who knew her. All this took place before she went to Jewell Cantrell to live out her days with her son, Ben Rabba.

Rollicka was the particular pride and joy of my daughter, Trini. I have attached an article I wrote, "Remembering Rollicks" for you to enjoy. There is a picture of her attached to the article that does show her very beautiful eye and expression. Her long eared friend (her best friend) is with her. Photo is by Patti Mireles and was taken at the Hearst Ranch during Rollicka's transition to Jewell. She was approximately 29 at the time.

Marci,
I cried when I read your attachment "remembering Rollicka". Thank God you saved her from her sad life. I PMd you about her. Thank you for sharing. She was the first Arabian I rode and had such beautiful soft eyes. I fell in love with the breed because of her. I can relate to your daughter's attachment as I was 11 yrs. old when I met her. She was so gentle and as you said, busy and curious. I just adored her. Thank you.

#17 BIGGER

BIGGER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 06:47 PM

QUOTE (Marci @ Nov 16 2008, 11:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here is an article written about Ben Rabba by Carol Mulder. It has lots of pictures and is found on Janice Siders' Diablo Vista Arabians website.

For some reason it's blocked and I can't read it! I Knew Ben Rabba from the time he was bought by Ed Hubbert as a yearling,in fact I was the first person(kid) to ride him because Mr. Hubbert thought since I was so small it would be good for Ben to get used to a rider on his back before he was 3yrs and lunged me on him. He promised me when I turned 16 I could show him but up until that time Ben went through a number of 'trainers' who had some success. When I got Ben we just 'clicked' and won just about everything we showed in! I showed him at Region 3 Championships to Champion stallion against stallions like*Druzba -Gai Parada- and other greats of the time that have slipped my mind. In '74 I took him to Nationals and made it into the Top Twenty in English Pl. but before we showed I was going to have him groomed to the hilt and have his ears clipped-he hated having his ears clipped so I never cleaned them out completely but this was Nationals! So I got the job done and they looked beautiful(Ben had such tiny tippy ears) but Ben Hated it! He shook his head the whole class-neadless to say we didn't make TT but I was the ONLY junior rider that made it into the top 20 and I think the only girl-maybe Shelia was in there? We did go TT side saddle.
Ben was a wonderful stallion but after I stopped riding him Mr. H put just about anybody on him and he never did that well again.
I also remember Mr.H came to our house one night to tell us about the lease to England and he didn't want to let Ben go-Ben was his life line in a way and he loved that horse more then anything but we told him he needs to do it for the horse-what a wonderful opportunity for Ben! Mr. H cried but did let him go and it was so good for Ben.
Jewell gave Ben such a good life his last few years and she has some wonderful Ben grand and great grand get!
I will try to post photo's as soon as Dean gives me more attachment space(used mine all up)

USDF GOLD MEDALIST
Glynnsong Farms home of
OKW Entrigue+++// SIX time National Champion-Grand Prix Arabian stallion Oldenburg Approved breeding stallion! National Champion Enlightened
Encandecsent First Purebred Arabian colt branded Oldenburg! 8.5 on Movement!
glynnsongfarms.com

#18 georgiauk

georgiauk

New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 10:44 AM

You lucky lucky girl. I am green with envy....do you have any pics of you as a small child riding Ben rolleyes.gif
Posted Image

#19 SPRTHRS

SPRTHRS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 03:27 PM

I can't wait to see all of the photos from everyone! I wouldn't trade my Ben grandson for anything - I have been offered some worthy amounts, and Otto is not for sale at any price. How can you put a price on something that you love?

Otto's dam, FV Majestical Gold is still at Dr. Wards - I wonder if you saw her???

I wish that there were some 1/2 Arabs w/ Ben in their lines...

Jeanie
MSU Autocracy+++/ (Ohadi Ben Rabba x FV Majestical Gold)
2011 Region 13 Top 5 SHUS ATR w/ Jeanie
2011 Region 13 Top 5 SHUS Open w/ Kim Frederick
2010 Region 13 Top 5 SHIH Open w/ Dale
2009 SHN SHUS Open Finalist (11th) w/ Jeanie
2007 SHN Reserve Champion SHUS Jr. Horse

Magicaul Seekret GOA (Magic Aulrab x Seekret Silouette)
SHN Prospect

#20 nestuck

nestuck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 04:58 PM

HEY LAURA ???? ALLANGLOS !!!! What about " msuauthatglytters " ?????? Are you up in your hellycoppy ? Laura took a mare that I was having problems with, and gave her a new life. She loves Laura , and Laura loves riding her. A photo of Audie was posted on the " color preference thread "