Photo

Gainey, McCoy Arabian bloodlines

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
140 replies to this topic

#41 Lacinda

Lacinda

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,723 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 08:55 PM

What a beautiful mare you have Shannon, so typical of the lines. I agree on testing the McCoy bred mare for SCID but then again, I will test my horses regardless. Ferzon........Fairfax, did you ever have the pleasure to see Ferdine? I certainly hope so!!! But one had to see him in person to REALLY appreciate him.
Signature being edited, too large.

#42 Fairfax

Fairfax

The Oracle

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 10:49 PM

I did when I was visitng Award. Maxine was so very kind to show me a foal that had just been born two days before. I always thought Ferdine was one of the very closest to Ferzon..a little longer in neck and back...but had that wonderful type
Collected my marbles...going...going.....gone

#43 Treasure Grove Arabians

Treasure Grove Arabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 10:56 PM

QUOTE (Fairfax @ Jan 6 2009, 06:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Please test for SCID with the McCoy lines. It was interesting that it had little to no effect regarding Ferzon however his siblings were not as lucky. Ferzon was the equivalent (in my mind) of Skowronek as evidenced by his unique type which he passed on. The others of Mr. McCoys breeding were more along the lines of what their pedigrees said they should produce.

It is my belief that so many truly wonderful horses of those lines were removed from breeding programs due to SCIDS rather than their "type" fell out of favor

Leo

My stud is SCID clear, and so is the mare I'm looking at. smile.gif
My life’s most important lessons were taught to me by my horses: to always loosen the reins, to carry my friends when they need it, to take all hurdles in stride, to spur myself onto greatness, and to always try to be a little Classy.

Treasure Grove Arabians, home of:

Almaretta Pearly Girl (Allience+// X Almaretta Bey (daughter of Talismen Bey)) For Sale
Baskaallayhndra (BT Silver Chalise X BNV Desert Flame (daughter of Exceladdinn)) For Sale
Vallies Comet (Dorian Al Kahram X Sultans Brightstar) For Sale
Riverwood Jalima (Riverwood Bask X Farranique) On Hold
KoKo Kharizma- pending (LA Kochise X Riverwood Jalima) For Sale
Klassixal Khomet- pending (LA Kochise X Vallies Comet) For Sale

#44 Lacinda

Lacinda

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,723 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 08:00 AM

QUOTE (Fairfax @ Jan 7 2009, 02:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I did when I was visitng Award. Maxine was so very kind to show me a foal that had just been born two days before. I always thought Ferdine was one of the very closest to Ferzon..a little longer in neck and back...but had that wonderful type

Yes....he was a bit long but just oozed charisma and prescense....I loved him but honestly never found a foal I liked as much for some reason, and saw all the offspring at Janines. They were nice but I like the Mcneil horses more. I just loved Ferdine, Ooo la la biggrin.gif
Signature being edited, too large.

#45 jane Rinka

jane Rinka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 06:03 PM

QUOTE (miriggs @ Jan 6 2009, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A few years ago when I started toying with the idea of getting a McCoy bred mare they were far and few between. I ended up finding a mare who is by Mr Mac, out of a Real Mac daughter who is out of Gals Paper Doll (by Gai Parada) All that said... 4 crosses to TRM. She was bred by Frank McCoy and owned by him until his passing at which time she was given to a life long friend who in turn gave her to me when he decided he was no longer going to bred. She is a very tall mare. Well, I'm 5 ft tall and her withers are over my head so thats tall to me. <grin> She was leased out a couple of years but would not come into heat on her own. She didn't get in foal. She has been home since October and isn't having any issures coming in now. She was in foal to BAHR Exquisite humm... lost track of time.... 3 or 4 years ago, but aborted the baby in her fifth month. I have not been in the financial position to be bred her back. I have attempted to post a photo of her but have been unable. I only have a few shots of her and none of them are really worth posting anyway. She is very sweet and I am honored to own a mare with so much history.

Beautiful! More pictures........... <wink>

#46 Dahabi Arabians

Dahabi Arabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 06:16 PM

QUOTE (Lacinda @ Jan 6 2009, 09:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What a beautiful mare you have Shannon, so typical of the lines.

Thank you Heather!

Shannon Edney

www.PhotographyByShannon.us

www.MarketYourArabian.com

#47 Treasure Grove Arabians

Treasure Grove Arabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 08:12 PM

In case anyone is looking to breed in these lines, I've discounted Ko's fee for bookings placed before Jan 31st by 50%.
My life’s most important lessons were taught to me by my horses: to always loosen the reins, to carry my friends when they need it, to take all hurdles in stride, to spur myself onto greatness, and to always try to be a little Classy.

Treasure Grove Arabians, home of:

Almaretta Pearly Girl (Allience+// X Almaretta Bey (daughter of Talismen Bey)) For Sale
Baskaallayhndra (BT Silver Chalise X BNV Desert Flame (daughter of Exceladdinn)) For Sale
Vallies Comet (Dorian Al Kahram X Sultans Brightstar) For Sale
Riverwood Jalima (Riverwood Bask X Farranique) On Hold
KoKo Kharizma- pending (LA Kochise X Riverwood Jalima) For Sale
Klassixal Khomet- pending (LA Kochise X Vallies Comet) For Sale

#48 Cassiosum Acres Arabians

Cassiosum Acres Arabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,664 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 11:22 AM

OOOH Shannon that is a gorgeous mare!!! Where have you been hiding her? LOL

Fairfax what a wonderful story and those horses are so true to their heritage - sturdy, strong and tough not to mention beautiful

Here is a mare i used to own Bekkatah (Eraf Emptahar x CM Phoebe) 2003 Grey Mare
She is Egyptian sired but her dam is Crabbet bred with lines to Niga, Gainey and McCoy blood

Cassiosum Acres Arabians & Tack
Ask about our monthly sales and specials and check me out on Facebook too
RIP to my heart and soul SUMMETICIAN May 30 1993 - January 6th 2012. Mom loves you always and we will meet again

#49 Dahabi Arabians

Dahabi Arabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 11:59 AM

QUOTE (Cassiosum Acres Arabians @ Jan 13 2009, 12:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OOOH Shannon that is a gorgeous mare!!! Where have you been hiding her? LOL

Here is a mare i used to own Bekkatah (Eraf Emptahar x CM Phoebe) 2003 Grey Mare
She is Egyptian sired but her dam is Crabbet bred with lines to Niga, Gainey and McCoy blood

Thank you Sue, she really is a sweetheart! We owned her sire and I fell in love with her dam when she was with us for breeding - I didn't want to send her home once she was in foal - so jumped at the opportunity to purchase this lovely young mare last year when the opportunity presented itself.

Kindly,
Shannon

Shannon Edney

www.PhotographyByShannon.us

www.MarketYourArabian.com

#50 Cassiosum Acres Arabians

Cassiosum Acres Arabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,664 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 05:02 PM

Your welcome. Do you plan to breed her to Amir or try something else? Personally i think she would make a nice baby with him - she would definately add some substance and bone. Would be an excellent SH type!
Cassiosum Acres Arabians & Tack
Ask about our monthly sales and specials and check me out on Facebook too
RIP to my heart and soul SUMMETICIAN May 30 1993 - January 6th 2012. Mom loves you always and we will meet again