Photo

Gainey, McCoy Arabian bloodlines

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
140 replies to this topic

#11 ASAR

ASAR

New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 12:42 PM

QUOTE (Danena @ May 6 2008, 07:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a very heavily bred Raffles bred mare. She very heavily Gainey bred. I am looking for pictures of these horses. If anyone has any or knows where to find any of these horses I would be greatful. My mares name is Firedancer Dejuli (SA Firestarrter X Raydells Madeia). I have some pictures on my website in my horses pedigrees. I also have a lot more on disk if anyone finds that they have the same bloodlines and need a picture. I might have it just let me know. I have a lot of Davenport pictures too.

Mares
Mila Bint McCoy
Newmar Marene
Indrajal
Maarzah
Gali Lynn
Malon
Aliza
Zalon
Gabet Gai-Lonna
El Lata
Balena
Zahalla
Cuchumara
Azvalin
Zarima
Maleh

Stallions
Az Mar
Zarazarwit
Bitmaar
Gali-Karrah

Danena
J & D Arabians
Still needing these horses. When I find a picture I take them off the list. Thanks for the help.

I don't know how to reply, so I'm not sure you will get this. My wife and I have a small Arabian ranch. We breed McCoy Gainey Arabian horses. We have three foundation mares all directly related to the McCoy/Gainey line. Sahara Silverrose is the great grandaughter of Frank McCoy's original brood mare Bint Sahara.

We have bred for two colts and two fillies thus far. I'd be glad to send a couple of pictures, but this forum thing is too hard to figure out. My e-mail is stasi2@att.net. I just registered with this site today. I'm an old guy so please forgive my computer illiteracy.

Bob Ruck
Bob Ruck

#12 miriggs

miriggs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 01:43 PM

QUOTE (ASAR @ Nov 30 2008, 12:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know how to reply, so I'm not sure you will get this. My wife and I have a small Arabian ranch. We breed McCoy Gainey Arabian horses. We have three foundation mares all directly related to the McCoy/Gainey line. Sahara Silverrose is the great grandaughter of Frank McCoy's original brood mare Bint Sahara.

We have bred for two colts and two fillies thus far. I'd be glad to send a couple of pictures, but this forum thing is too hard to figure out. My e-mail is stasi2@att.net. I just registered with this site today. I'm an old guy so please forgive my computer illiteracy.

Bob Ruck

Welcome Bob. Where are you located? I have a McCoy mare bred by Frank McCoy with 4 crosses to TRM (The Real McCoy) and one to Gai Parada. We would love to hear more about your horses. Pictures? Give it a try..... <smile> Okay so I have problems posting pictures here too.

DW Paradas Gem & Sammy too

Together forever & forever in my heart.

Mi Reagal Dream, RVA Dream Deelite and TLF Adamas

#13 Danena

Danena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 07:28 PM

QUOTE (Fairfax @ Nov 23 2008, 10:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wynn and Gert Kerr had some of the most beautiful Arabians at their Quichena Farms. I was fortunate to show for them during the late sixties just as they were starting to get into the Gainey lines and then into the 70's when they totally converted to the Ferzon Azraff cross. I acquired Bur Basta by Ferzon out of Gaichi and he had been imported into Canada by Gert.

Another Gainey bred group were owned by Dr. Duffin. Comar Regal, Ganam and some of the most beautiful Ferzon daughters I have ever seen. I remember going to their farm at Midnapore and it was a brisk morning. Their son, Tim, let two dappled grey mares out into a paddock. Tails up, nostrils flaring and they truly had "the look" that is so rare today. These were mares and stallions who projected strength, both mental and physical. You could actually look into their eyes and see intelligence. Not like the pandering freaky head bland individuals so often presented as a true example of the breed.

I know what you mean by the look. Our mare has it and you really can't explain it you have to see it. When she is running in the field and she stops she is so proud and present is the only word I can use to descrbe it. Her head up snorting, her eyes just bright and shining. You can just see her mind working. I could just watch her all day. She is 17 and still in wonderful shape. We are planning on breeding her next spring to our stallion Thee Vision. I have talked to several well known breeders and they told me that the Gainey bloodlines have not been crossed with the Egyptian and Polish bloodlines a lot but when they were they turned out some wonderful horses. That is what we are hoping for.
Danena

#14 Danena

Danena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 07:40 PM

QUOTE (ASAR @ Nov 30 2008, 02:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bob Ruck

You did great Bob we got your post. I would love to see and hear about your horses. If you want to upload or post pictures just look at the section when you are replying that says attachments and over to the right it says Browse and next to it. It says upload. Click on browse and find the picture you want to upload on your computer and open it. The name will show up next to the word browes in the box. Then just click upload. Then where it says manage current attchments click on the arrow and it will show the name of your picture you want to post. C lick on it and it should put it in your post. But you will only see words until you hit the add the reply button at the bottome or I can make it easier for you. If you want you can email them to me and I can put them on here for you. You can email me at j-darabians@hotmail.com just put in the subject line Bob and pictures so I know they are from you. Hope I helped. It takes a while to figure out how everything works on here.

Danena
J & D Arabians

#15 Cassiosum Acres Arabians

Cassiosum Acres Arabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,664 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 07:15 AM

I thought i would share pics of my stallion Prime Time SCA (Allience+// x Gai Fiera Prima)
His dam is a Gainey Fountainhead mare with Gai Parada, Gay Rouge, Gai Warsaw. Lots of Azraff/Ferzon blood going on there. I definately see the "Gainey look" in my stallion as well as in his 2008 colt he sired by my triple *Bask and Nabor bred mare.

Here are some pics

PRIME TIME SCA
Pedigree: http://www.allbreedp.../prime time sca

This is his dam GAI FIERA PRIMA who now is owned by Hennessey Arabians in Ocala, FL

And here is my stallions colt CA PRIMETIME LOVE AFFAIR

Cassiosum Acres Arabians & Tack
Ask about our monthly sales and specials and check me out on Facebook too
RIP to my heart and soul SUMMETICIAN May 30 1993 - January 6th 2012. Mom loves you always and we will meet again

#16 Lacinda

Lacinda

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,723 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 08:26 AM

Hi all, my horses though Pete McNeils breeding program are all Gainey/Payne/McCoy and here are some candid photo's, excuse the lack of professional fu fu'ness!! They are all not in any kind of condition, no grooming beforehand, just candid shots with a cheap camera.
In some cases standing uphill, downhill, lol you name it!

This is Unbelievabel aka Bella

This is Dantastik, my herd sire, who is intensely inbred/linebred to Ferzon, I am putting a photo of Ferzon below him so you can see the similarity in body type, head type is different as my boy 100% resembles Gai Danizon (by Gai Parada) in the head. He has some lines to The Real McCoy through the McNeil stallion "Humoresque' who was a great parade horse!! This is him as a 4 1/2year old, standing up hill and a bit under himself but the similarity is still evident despite the age difference of the 2 and the lack of Dan being stood up right

And Ferzon (cut off the head and in body and such they are nearly identical) as an older horse

Here is a mare mriggs gave to me who is also intensely bred in the McCoy/Gainey/Payne tradition
This is Danny Rosezon, a Danni Boy daughter

Here is Lacinda, very Gainey looking and bred (She is by Gai Dancer and out of Gai Desiree), 21 years young, this is right after I got her, she is much fatter now lol (and dirtier in all this mud)

Here is a sweet face shot of Dantastik, eyes closed but the sweetness is there. This is what I live for is these cute little faces looking at me each day (well when I'm not laid up!!)

Here is Humoresque, by The Real McCoy out of Asil Phantasy the dam of my daughters mare Katie Rose we lost earlier this year

Signature being edited, too large.

#17 E A

E A

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 08:41 AM

Something interesting about the dam of your mare - her sire was a full brother to Raydells Madurai, a Trade Winds Arabians (breeders of TW Forteyna) foundation mare and producer of Dynasty Grand-dur, a Grand Duke (Ferzon) son who was their herd sire for years and sire of many great broodmares.
Since your mare's dam is also out of a Gamaar daughter (and 50% Gamaar), she is even closer related to Madurai.

QUOTE (Lacinda @ Dec 19 2008, 08:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi all, my horses though Pete McNeils breeding program are all Gainey/Payne/McCoy and here are some candid photo's, excuse the lack of professional fu fu'ness!! They are all not in any kind of condition, no grooming beforehand, just candid shots with a cheap camera.
In some cases standing uphill, downhill, lol you name it!

Lacinda, I had a video of Pete's mares, years and years ago. He had some amazing horses. That Gai Danizon stuff was great, especially some of those mares out of Rafferty daughters. A friend of mine leased one and I think she was bred to Echo.

Edward.

Edward V. Azuar

Current Avatar: A Story Affaire - 2006 ASB Mare - Pictured Winning the WI LTD

#18 Lacinda

Lacinda

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,723 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 06:14 PM

Edward, Thank you, Pete is a good breeder , I agree. This is why he is most definetely my mentor and I am using his lines for my foundation lines on the bottom. He is a good scientist of inbreeding and linebreeding I think.

I really love meeting those who have known Pete and his horses in the past. Wish I had that video! Pete has leased a few mares over the years , I may know what mare you mean, not sure if she ever got in foal though if it is the one I am thinking of. If you know for certain she did then it is probably a different mare. The one I was thinking of never got in foal, is very beautiful but seems to be barren, sadly. I just know a big farm leased her.

You have a lot of interesting information, I've been like a sponge here on ABN lately!!

#19 elitearab

elitearab

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,525 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 05:35 AM

I had a Gai Parada daughter and she was my favorite mare. She was just a doll. She was out of a Sanibel daughter, I'll have to see if I can scan some pics of her. I lost her years ago and still miss her.

Here is one of her son. in hunter and one of her daughter.

Okay, the mare is smaller than the gelding, but not by that much!

Attached Thumbnails

• gaib.jpg

Attached Images

• sydbellewesternen.jpg

#20 Lacinda

Lacinda

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,723 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 08:07 AM

Elitearab, those are just gorgeous examples of the lines! Wow!!! Thank you for sharing some under saddle, one thing about these bloodlines is they are so wonderful under saddle. They can be a good mount for a pro and then turn around and give lessons to a kid. They are that kind of horses. The Real McCoy crossed with other lines is such a good mix.