Photo

Gainey, McCoy Arabian bloodlines

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
140 replies to this topic

#1 Danena

Danena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 03:57 AM

I have a very heavily bred Raffles bred mare. She very heavily Gainey bred. I am looking for pictures of these horses. If anyone has any or knows where to find any of these horses I would be greatful. My mares name is Firedancer Dejuli (SA Firestarrter X Raydells Madeia). I have some pictures on my website in my horses pedigrees. I also have a lot more on disk if anyone finds that they have the same bloodlines and need a picture. I might have it just let me know. I have a lot of Davenport pictures too.

Mares
Mila Bint McCoy
Newmar Marene
Indrajal
Maarzah
Gali Lynn
Malon
Aliza
Zalon
Gabet Gai-Lonna
El Lata
Balena
Zahalla
Cuchumara
Azvalin
Zarima
Maleh

Stallions
Az Mar
Zarazarwit
Bitmaar
Gali-Karrah

Danena
J & D Arabians
Still needing these horses. When I find a picture I take them off the list. Thanks for the help.

#2 Cassiosum Acres Arabians

Cassiosum Acres Arabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,664 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 12:49 PM

What a nice bred mare you have!
My stallion's dam is a Gainey Fountainhead mare (bred at Gainey)
so of course he is intense breeding on his mom's side and definately has
that Gainey look

Also my egyptian sired mare Bekkatah's dam is crabbet and has some Gainey and MCcoy breeding on her side

Here is a few pics of Galena i have.
Iam sure if you put this in the arabian horse research section you will get tons more hits and get the photos you need
Good luck!!!

Attached Images

• Galena_PhantomXBalena_.jpg
  • Galena5366_PhantomXBalena___PhaerieGeym17154_GeymXGalena_.jpg

Cassiosum Acres Arabians & Tack
Ask about our monthly sales and specials and check me out on Facebook too
RIP to my heart and soul SUMMETICIAN May 30 1993 - January 6th 2012. Mom loves you always and we will meet again

#3 Danena

Danena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 09:50 PM

Thank you so much for the pictues. I am just getting use to this forum and I am just beginning to get the hang of it. I will try and put this in the Arabian horse research selection if I can figure it out. Yes she is a wonderful mare. We are planning on crossing her with our stallion Thee Vision. He is a Thee Asil son out of TC Kharbenique (Kharben x Alagante a Aladdinn daughter). We are hoping for the greatest match of bloodlines of all time. I know keep dreaming.

Thanks again
Danena

#4 markstrem

markstrem

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 10:17 AM

What a nice surprise. Mila Bint McCoy is my stallions grand-dam and one of my mares. I new her personally. Actually I new Firestarrter as a yearling. Starr Arabians bred for him many years ago in Lees Summit, MO. They have since divorced and are out of horses all together. I am in Lees Summit.
Sir Spattson is my stallion related to you mare. I should have some pictures of Mila Bint McCoy, but they are buried in box since we moved. I will keep it on my mind that when I get in there to look for them.
Mark

#5 Scout

Scout

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 12:18 PM

Here is a picture of Indy (*Raffles x Indaia) . He is the full brother to Indraff, one of Bazy T's horses.

Attached Images

• Indy.jpg

#6 Thunder

Thunder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 12:50 PM

Hi there, If you go to my web site and look under the "over the rainbow bridge" page you will find
pictures of one of the wonderful The Real McCoy daughters we had by the name of Real Rose.
Also the mare QF Serenade is on there (heavy Ferzon breeding) as well.
QF Couquette also (heavy Ferzon/Real McCoy breeding) is still alive and doing well.
Of the four mares that I have had of these lines, all have good size, not huge but, good size, all have
had and have wonderful sweet minds, all have been and are, very sound living well into there twenty's
all were very pretty (the pictures do NOT do justice to them, and all have produced champions,
halter and performance.
I guess you could say,,, I loved and love my Gainey/Ferzon/The Real McCoy mares!
Home to,

DA Ultimate Dream (WN Ultimate Star x AE Faith x Magic Dream) The 'Head' Man & a sire extrordinaire!

The Ladies,

RWF Brittania ( Kaiyoum++ x Bey Serenade)
Zcarlett Reverie (Shah Azim x Kaiyouma x Kaiyoum++)
Prophecys Katrina (Thee Prophecy x HH Catalina x White Dove Kiev) (avalible)

#7 Danena

Danena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 10:55 PM

QUOTE (Thunder @ Oct 30 2008, 02:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi there, If you go to my web site and look under the "over the rainbow bridge" page you will find
pictures of one of the wonderful The Real McCoy daughters we had by the name of Real Rose.
QF Couquette also (heavy Ferzon/Real McCoy breeding) is still alive and doing well.
Of the four mares that I have had of these lines, all have good size, not huge but, good size, all have
had and have wonderful sweet minds, all have been and are, very sound living well into there twenty's
all were very pretty (the pictures do NOT do justice to them, and all have produced champions,
halter and performance.
I guess you could say,,, I loved and love my Gainey/Ferzon/The Real McCoy mares!

I would love to see your horses but you forgot to leave your website address for me. Does your mare have really really thick manes and tails. Mine does I have never seen a horse have such thick hair. I have to layer it just to get a brush or comb through it. We had to cut her mane and tail when we got her it was so matted her tail drugged the ground and it was like a base ball bat there was no saving it. Same thing with her mane. Here's a picture of my girl.
Thanks
Danena
firestandgood2.jpg

#8 Danena

Danena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 11:08 PM

QUOTE (markstrem @ Oct 30 2008, 12:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What a nice surprise. Mila Bint McCoy is my stallions grand-dam and one of my mares. I new her personally. Actually I new Firestarrter as a yearling. Starr Arabians bred for him many years ago in Lees Summit, MO. They have since divorced and are out of horses all together. I am in Lees Summit.
Sir Spattson is my stallion related to you mare. I should have some pictures of Mila Bint McCoy, but they are buried in box since we moved. I will keep it on my mind that when I get in there to look for them.
Mark

That would be great. Mila Bint McCoy is my mares grand dam. She is by SA Firestarrter. We live just north of Springfield, MO in Fair Grove,MO.
Do you happen to have any pictures of SA Firestarrter. I am having trouble locating any of him. Any help would be great. Is your stallion by Firestarrter?
Danena
J & D Arabians
Here is a picture of my girl Firedancer Dejuli
firestandgood2.jpg

#9 Fairfax

Fairfax

The Oracle

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 08:02 AM

QUOTE (Thunder @ Oct 30 2008, 03:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
halter and performance.

Wynn and Gert Kerr had some of the most beautiful Arabians at their Quichena Farms. I was fortunate to show for them during the late sixties just as they were starting to get into the Gainey lines and then into the 70's when they totally converted to the Ferzon Azraff cross. I acquired Bur Basta by Ferzon out of Gaichi and he had been imported into Canada by Gert.

Another Gainey bred group were owned by Dr. Duffin. Comar Regal, Ganam and some of the most beautiful Ferzon daughters I have ever seen. I remember going to their farm at Midnapore and it was a brisk morning. Their son, Tim, let two dappled grey mares out into a paddock. Tails up, nostrils flaring and they truly had "the look" that is so rare today. These were mares and stallions who projected strength, both mental and physical. You could actually look into their eyes and see intelligence. Not like the pandering freaky head bland individuals so often presented as a true example of the breed.
Collected my marbles...going...going.....gone

#10 Thunder

Thunder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 11:21 AM

Hi again, sorry for not adding my web address! Silly me.
Two of the mares we have/and had were bred and from
the late Quillchena Farms. We lost last year our Q F Serenade and still with us is QF Coquette.
Our two The Real McCoy daughters, Real Rose and Real Happy are sadly now passed on... They
were all such wonderful mares in body,mind and producing abilities! I miss them much!
In answer to the heavy manes/tails... Serenade sure did but, Coquette not so much. Of the
Real McCoy daughters, our bay Happy had a very thick mane/tail but, her sister Rose did not..go figure.
Your mare looks lovely by the way. She looks with the strong deep hip and bay color like a 'Raffles Bay'
Garaff was one of them or what I have heard refered to as, 'Bay Crabbet Type'.
Good luck with your mare and what ever plans you have for her!!

Thunder AKA Jana C
www.freewebs.com/sonsofthunderranch/

If I knew how to link my web site on here I would but, I don't.... you will have to copy and paste.

Home to,

DA Ultimate Dream (WN Ultimate Star x AE Faith x Magic Dream) The 'Head' Man & a sire extrordinaire!

The Ladies,

RWF Brittania ( Kaiyoum++ x Bey Serenade)
Zcarlett Reverie (Shah Azim x Kaiyouma x Kaiyoum++)
Prophecys Katrina (Thee Prophecy x HH Catalina x White Dove Kiev) (avalible)