110 replies to this topic

#11 Sally

Sally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 05:21 AM

Yes!! Great idea! I would use it. Could we also, work out trades?

For example: I have two saddles, inexpensive dressage saddle and a older
cut back saddle that I would trade for a saddle that had an XW wide tree, all purpose
or anything at this point....(even treeless)

sally

#12 HGEsquire

HGEsquire

HG Esquire+

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,312 posts
  • Interests:I treasure my children, all my grandchildren and of course my dear husband Robert. I place high value on my family and are endeared to our horses and good friends. What else is there????

Posted 08 April 2008 - 05:55 AM

Sally - trading is also a great way to fulfil a need :rolleyes: However when doing that, one person has an idea of what their item(s) are worth and when those item(s) are traded, someone may think they got the short end of the stick so to speak. That is unless of course the two individuals could do the touchy feely thing before trading :)

The main reason why this is such a good thing is EVERYTHING is FREE - except the shipping for those of us who are not close to the items wanted/needed :) Thus the name FREECYCLES :)

Please continue listing items that you may have available for those that are looking whom might just have a need :)

Denise Gainey

HG Esquire+, Rated 'E' for EVERYONE
GCA & Sport Horses on Facebook

Where Quality & Friendship Matter!

#13 Sally

Sally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 06:12 AM

Hi Denise,

I agree, keep this separate from the trading .......
I do love the free concept!

sally

#14 Morability Ranch

Morability Ranch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 06:13 AM

I know this is a little strange freecycle offer but I have Mille Fleur D'Ulcce Bantam fertilized eggs that can be set in incubator or under hens for hatching. I have hatched out all the Milles I want this season so I can offer up to about 8 a day for free to anyone who might want to add this pretty little breed into their coops, the eggs could be picked up in person or I can ship them through USPS at a cost of $8.85 flat rate shipping for up to 18 eggs. Here is a picture of the Mille Fleurs
Kym Cooper
My Facebook My link

#15 Charlie Dawg

Charlie Dawg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 768 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 06:30 AM

GoBlue- I have 3 1/2 and 5 year old boys who would LOVE any of the legos/etc you could send this way. My 5 year old is wicked good at building things and he is short on legos and buildy things.

I have a very well used pair of Sports Medicine Boots, probably size medium, dirty and well used but structurally sound. Navy blue.

I also have a western show blouse (the kind that snaps at the crotch), ladies size small, gold/black/burgandy but not gawdy that I would love to pass on to a youth rider. I think I still have the matching tan utlrasuede chaps but I'll have to look.

#16 HGEsquire

HGEsquire

HG Esquire+

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,312 posts
  • Interests:I treasure my children, all my grandchildren and of course my dear husband Robert. I place high value on my family and are endeared to our horses and good friends. What else is there????

Posted 08 April 2008 - 06:30 AM

Kym - tempting for sure!!! I KNOW my Shephard would love to have a few more feathered friends :rolleyes: Seriously - I might be interested. Will chat to hubby this afternoon!

Denise Gainey

HG Esquire+, Rated 'E' for EVERYONE
GCA & Sport Horses on Facebook

Where Quality & Friendship Matter!

#17 Lady Hawk Arabians

Lady Hawk Arabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • Interests:Breeding and Showing Arabians and Half Arabians

Posted 08 April 2008 - 07:29 AM

I love this idea. I have loads of horsey and non-horsey stuff. I have begun my pre-divorce packing and had no clue on how much stuff I have. I will begin to inventory and keep the freecycle stuff off to the side so I can place it out here for everyone to see.

Awesome idea!!!!

Patricia A. Hawkins

Lady Hawk Arabians

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway" ~John Wayne

#18 SDLArabians

SDLArabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,544 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 07:46 AM

I have some career (suits, pants) clothing that I could stand to get out of my closet. I will let you know sizes and take pictures.
Breeders of performance straight Egyptian Arabians.
Meet your opportunity .... El Rashiid MA [El Majiid x Maar-Riana]

Alison

"El Rashiid MA is bred generations deep to sire beautiful athletes" ~ Arlene Magid

Posted Image

#19 SCVF_Legacy

SCVF_Legacy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 07:55 AM

I also have a western show blouse (the kind that snaps at the crotch), ladies size small, gold/black/burgandy but not gawdy that I would love to pass on to a youth rider. I think I still have the matching tan utlrasuede chaps but I'll have to look.

If you haven't found a home for these, I have a youth rider that would love to have them.
Amy
Lord, keep your arm around my shoulders and your hand across my mouth!
Alpha Mare, Inc. Custom Show Garlands

#20 black star arabians

black star arabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts
  • Interests:Arabians horses, training and showing my own horses, and my family

Posted 08 April 2008 - 07:55 AM

what a wonderful idea. I had never heard of freecyle.....I need to check it out.

I will have to dig around the house and see what I can find. I HATE having garage sales and would much rather give things to people who can use them, so much easier and a lot less stress.

I know someone else has spoken up for the little girl clothes but my daughter wears size 10 in clothes right now so if you have any summer clothes that the other person does not want let me know. Bridgette is in little girls clothes (not toddlers or teens).

Jacinta
In the quiet light of the stable, you hear a muffled snort, the stamp of a hoof, a friendly nicker. Gentle eyes inquire, "How was your day old friend?" and suddenly all your troubles fade away.

If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.