• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#1 HGEsquire

HGEsquire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,070 posts
  • Interests:I treasure my children, all my grandchildren and of course my dear husband Robert. I place high value on my family and are endeared to our horses and good friends. What else is there????

Posted 07 April 2008 - 05:48 PM

OK so I have a dear friend that has been featured on the Today show for her extreme thriftiness who introduced me to the Yahoo Groups Freecycles. And as I just posted on two of the groups that are in my general area, I thought that it might be something we could all do here amongst ABN members. See my request below:

Wanted/Needed Desperately White Cap and Gown for June 1 Graduation. Height and weight of individual who will wear for fitting purposes is 5'5" 125 lbs. Will return if requested. Located in Amelia County - very willing to Pick up. Will even Dry Clean prior to returning if desired. THANKS FOR LOOKING! email me at: gaineyarabian@aol.com if you have one available

Typically - how Freecycles work is that you list an item that you have that you would be willing to give away and wait to see if someone wants it. They will either respond to the group or directly to you via email. You make arrangements to meet or for a pick up and waa laa, you get what you needed and the donator gets rid of something they no longer wanted. I have seen different pieces of furniture to 9-5 Office Clothes available.

You can also list what you want/need as well in the event those that are looking, who may have what you are looking for and would be willing to part with will contact you so you can meet or arrange pick up and/or shipping. Such is the case in the quote above.

So Dean or Heidi - not sure if this would be something you would be interested in creating a new section for but could apply to Horse related items or not. And seriously guys - am looking for the White Cap and Gown :)
Denise

HG Esquire+, Rated 'E' for EVERYONE
Gainey Cornerstone Arabians & Sport Horses on Facebook

Where Quality & Friendship Matter!

#2 ArabianFancy

ArabianFancy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,229 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 05:52 PM

OH I like it! I think it is a GREAT idea!!!
I love freecycle! ( I have lots of girls sz 8-10-12 clothing to give away)
also VERY WELL USED clothing my 3 year old son is outgrowing but he is ROUGH on clothing haha!)
Gina

Gina Roland Dupree
"With God, ALL Things Are Possible"

ArabianFancy.com Custom Hand Made Arabian Halters and Tack

Posted Image

#3 Morability Ranch

Morability Ranch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 05:56 PM

So Dean or Heidi - not sure if this would be something you would be interested in creating a new section for but could apply to Horse related items or not. And seriously guys - am looking for the White Cap and Gown :)
Denise

This is a neat idea Denise.. wish I could help you out on the white cap and gown, I have a blue cap and gown .
Kym Cooper
My Facebook My link

#4 HGEsquire

HGEsquire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,070 posts
  • Interests:I treasure my children, all my grandchildren and of course my dear husband Robert. I place high value on my family and are endeared to our horses and good friends. What else is there????

Posted 07 April 2008 - 06:11 PM

This is a neat idea Denise.. wish I could help you out on the white cap and gown, I have a blue cap and gown .

Thanks any ways :( I am sure someone on here has access to a White Cap and Gown :) My oldest sons of course were much larger than Breanna when they graduated but even so, their Cap and Gowns were Blue as well :)

I hope the idea takes off~as it could truly be beneficial to everyone :lol:

Denise Gainey

#5 ArabianFancy

ArabianFancy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,229 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 06:16 PM

I have one but........... it was for a Kindergarten graduation.....doubt it will fit haha!
Sorry!!
Gina

Gina Roland Dupree

Posted Image

#6 Vicki Gaudreau

Vicki Gaudreau

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts
  • Interests:Rest in Peace Vicki, we will all miss you!
    3/18/59 to 12/23/09

Posted 07 April 2008 - 07:44 PM

What a great idea, Denise! I LOVE freecycle. I usually keep a freecycle window open & reload it off & on throughout the day.
"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Enchanted Acres Arabians & Appaloosas
Home of Tu Rif Raff Splash * ApHC/AHA * Tangiers * SE,AK,Asil & BL eligible *RIP*
My Pride & Joy :) http://smg.photobuck...iGaudreau12345/
http://www.myspace.com/vickigaudreau ~ My Original Music!
http://www.facebook....dreau/512919254
http://www.appaloosa...
Posted Image

#7 HGEsquire

HGEsquire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,070 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 03:47 AM

Super Vicki - now we could/should see if there is any interest here for an added ABN Freecycle section??? Maybe could have it broken down into two sections: Horse Related (no matter the item) and Non-Horse Related :)

Those interested could simply make a post and request to be notified of replies via email to receive updates when something is offered/wanted..

So what does the other ABN members think???

Denise Gainey

#8 ArabianFancy

ArabianFancy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,229 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 04:08 AM

Sounds good to me! I really need a show lead to use for photos so I could put that in the 'wanted' section!
I like this idea!
Gina

Gina Roland Dupree

Posted Image

#9 HGEsquire

HGEsquire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,070 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 04:55 AM

Super - glad I brought this idea here!! And GoBlueGirl - I have quite a collection of duplicate OLD Arabian Magazines that I would be very willing to part with for cost of shipping alone. Surely could be sent UPS or Fed-Ex versus USPS mail if it were cheaper :) I will see what I can do to create a list of what I have available and post!

Really glad to see the interest. It truly is a win~win situation!

Denise Gainey

#10 sweetwaterarabians

sweetwaterarabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts
  • Interests:Breeding, raising, training Arabian horses, web designing, keeping tropical fish, snorkling, swimming, and gardening.

Posted 08 April 2008 - 05:04 AM

OH I like it! I think it is a GREAT idea!!!
I love freecycle! ( I have lots of girls sz 8-10-12 clothing to give away)
also VERY WELL USED clothing my 3 year old son is outgrowing but he is ROUGH on clothing haha!)
Gina

Hey, I've got a girl that size and I'm always looking for clothes for her. Maybe we could work something out. Got any summer stuff?

This is a great idea! Sounds a little like Zwaggle just without the zoints. I have a box of horse stuff that I don't need or use anymore. Some of it's new and some is slightly used.
Shannon Kimes

Home of:
Sterling SA (Al Marah Fight Fair x Elfin Reign SA) '08 gelding
Elfin Reign SA (AA Ibn Hawk x Forever Elkin) '02 mare
Elkeyna SA (AA Ibn Hawk x Forever Elkin) '05 mare
Forever Elkin (Forever Czar x Elkanin) '96 mare

<a href="http://sweetwaterwebdesign.com" target="_blank">Sweetwater Arabians & Web Design</a>
<b><i>'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.' </b></i>