Photo

REGION 17 CHAMPIONSHIP SHOW

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
90 replies to this topic

#71 Bob

Bob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 07:26 AM

Really? Winner?

If your meaning the colt class:

Champion was Churchill VM (Enzo x SP Portfolio) shown by Troy Smith.....owned and bred by Vivian Murphy.

Res. Champ. was SH Shivago (Gazal Al Shaquab x SH Crystal Lady) shown by Robin H.... owned by Pomeroy Arabians.

Top 5 was made up by RD Thyme to Shine (Pyro Thyme x Psyches Radiance) shown by Mike Neal...owned and bred by Murray and Shirley Popplewell.

Bob Wasylyk
Willow View Arabians

www.willowviewarabians.net

#72 Marcia Friesen

Marcia Friesen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 07:41 AM

The winner of the filly class was Enchantress. She was shown and owned by Murray Popplewell.

The reserve should be well known to those who attended Scottsdale, the lovely filly Sabrina WA owned and bred by longtime Saskatchewan breeders Ed and Laura Friesen of Wunderbar.

Posted Image
Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off your goal!

Posted Image

Copyright 2008

#73 Bob

Bob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 04:18 PM

Res. Champ. was SH Shivago (Gazal Al Shaquab x SH Crystal Lady) shown by Robin H.... owned by Pomeroy Arabians.

When I saw this boy listed in the book I was quite intriqued to see him. His dam is out of the grand mare QF Laila. Laila over the years has been one of the most prolific producing mares this breed has known. Beginning in 1985 and including 2004 when she was 23 years old, Laila produced an amazing 18 foals. An amazing legacy for sure and if there is a better one, I am not aware of it.

Bob Wasylyk
Willow View Arabians

#74 Marcia Friesen

Marcia Friesen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 02:16 PM

The day prior to our Region 17 Fall meeting (Friday, September 21st) the Region 17 Show Commission will have a meeting to go over the 2007 show and to start the planning process for the 2008 event.

At the show this past August, I was able to meet many of the regions members and in our discussions they shared some thoughts as to what they would like to see changed at future regional shows.

If you are a member of Region 17 please feel free to share your ideas here on this thread prior to Friday and they will be discussed at our meeting. No guarantee they will be adopted, but I will bring them forward.

Marcia

Posted Image

Posted Image

Copyright 2008

#75 overtime

overtime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 06:59 PM

I, for the most part, really enjoyed the show. The only things were that if they are going to keep using that facility they really need to look at somehow adding more seating. Some nights it was full and the rails were crowded with standing room only. Also I was really dissappointed that the top five plaques were not engraved with the class name. I know it is hard to put on a show like that, and I appreciate everything that was done it was a very fun show!!!!!

#76 Marcia Friesen

Marcia Friesen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 06:28 PM

I agree we needed at least one more section of seating for a couple of evenings.

The Top 5 plaques were a cost saving measure. Each one of those name plaques cost a couple of bucks and when they don't get used, you literally have to peel them off and throw them in the garbage, thus throwing money away. With lower entries we have got to look at cost cutting measures and that one was about a $3500.00 savings.

Thanks for your post here.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Copyright 2008

#77 Fairfax

Fairfax

The Oracle

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 01:31 PM

When I saw this boy listed in the book I was quite intriqued to see him. His dam is out of the grand mare QF Laila. Laila over the years has been one of the most prolific producing mares this breed has known. Beginning in 1985 and including 2004 when she was 23 years old, Laila produced an amazing 18 foals. An amazing legacy for sure and if there is a better one, I am not aware of it.

I agree Bob....I showed for Gert and Wynn in the 70's and a bit into the 80's when we returned from Vallarta. Laila should be featured when the magazine gets up and running. I would be a wonderful thing to have some articles written about Gert and Wynn...how about the Double U Ranch of Kelowna...Barsyz Arwistawa (Double National Champion mare) Gaypolka....or how about Merle Stier (deceased) of DeWinton...Aristocrat mares...four champions Khala was her prefix...Lenore Wilson...Ramose by Tut Ankh Amen...Lenore was the first Canadian and first non American to be asked to judge at the U.S. Nationals. How about Chris Wade who imported Ranix, and sold both he and his son Rimax to Bazy..She also imported Serafina..dam of Serafix and Silver Drift to Ontario...WOW....what a legacy we have in Canada. If you want to know where you are going you need to know where you have been....It is all there for Arabian Horse breeders in Canada to embrace, be proud of and look with confidence towards the future...Leo Maxwell
Collected my marbles...going...going.....gone

#78 Marcia Friesen

Marcia Friesen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 03:56 PM

I agree Bob....I showed for Gert and Wynn in the 70's and a bit into the 80's when we returned from Vallarta. Laila should be featured when the magazine gets up and running. I would be a wonderful thing to have some articles written about Gert and Wynn...how about the Double U Ranch of Kelowna...Barsyz Arwistawa (Double National Champion mare) Gaypolka....or how about Merle Stier (deceased) of DeWinton...Aristocrat mares...four champions Khala was her prefix...Lenore Wilson...Ramose by Tut Ankh Amen...Lenore was the first Canadian and first non American to be asked to judge at the U.S. Nationals. How about Chris Wade who imported Ranix, and sold both he and his son Rimax to Bazy..She also imported Serafina..dam of Serafix and Silver Drift to Ontario...WOW....what a legacy we have in Canada. If you want to know where you are going you need to know where you have been....It is all there for Arabian Horse breeders in Canada to embrace, be proud of and look with confidence towards the future...Leo Maxwell

Leo, you know what would be really great?!?!?! If you were to write a historical article for each issue. You were there and can relate stories from your memory. You have a wealth of knowledge to share. How about it???

Posted Image

Posted Image

Copyright 2008

#79 Bob

Bob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 04:31 PM

Leo, you know what would be really great?!?!?! If you were to write a historical article for each issue. You were there and can relate stories from your memory. You have a wealth of knowledge to share. How about it???

This is a great idea!!! C'mon Leo, share some of this history with us.

Bob Wasylyk
Willow View Arabians

#80 Fairfax

Fairfax

The Oracle

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 06:56 AM

This is a great idea!!! C'mon Leo, share some of this history with us.

Let me get into the snow on the ground mode...when I am grounded and I will definitely be able to do a couple of articles so you would have one per magazine. Jean Berg from Alberta...somewhere around Olds Alberta ..the registry had several articles by her, would also be a great source of information. Mine is definitely from the 60's-early 80's. I mean from the early 80's to the late 80's otherwise I would be OLD>>>>>>>>>>. so I will have to steal the memories lol...Leo picure is me thinking about it

Attached Thumbnails

• baby_pic.jpg

Collected my marbles...going...going.....gone