Photo

REGION 17 CHAMPIONSHIP SHOW

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
90 replies to this topic

#1 Marcia Friesen

Marcia Friesen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 06:42 AM

Mark July 31st - August 5th on your calendars if you plan on showing in Red Deer Alberta at the Region 17 Championships this year.

The Show Commission is meeting on January 20th, so more information will be available after that date.

Posted Image
Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off your goal!

Posted Image

Copyright 2008

#2 Marcia Friesen

Marcia Friesen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 03:59 PM

The judges for Region 17 are as follows:

Preshow and Regional Trail:
John Lambert

Region 17 Championships:
-Shannon Armstrong
-Dick Adams
-Cathy Murhpy-Wright
-Sue Hawes....Sport Horse and Jumper
-Chris Collins..Dressage

Posted Image

Posted Image

Copyright 2008

#3 Marcia Friesen

Marcia Friesen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 12:15 AM

Just got home from a quick trip out to Red Deer Alberta to check out the changes that have been made to the facility. Between Calgary and Red Deer we watched all kinds of people sliding across icy roads and hitting the ditch. It really amazes me how people will not slow down on ice. We literally saw at least a dozen people spin out of control on our way up there. But I digress...

The Regionals will definitely have a different feel at this facility in 2007 and 2008.

New fabric and steel barns called "Bubble Barns" have been erected way to the south of the Agricentre, that will house @280 stalls. The covered outdoor arena is right next to these barns and there is a building with washracks centrally located between the new barns. A concession area and covered patio are next to the covered outdoor ring, where the show office will also be. This area also has showers and bathrooms.

They have also placed electrical outlets for campers right beside the barns for those who do not require full service lots. These spots will still require the camping fees/permits as usual and of course the campground is still available to all who prefer that area or require fully serviced lots.

The Agricentre will house the main ring, our commercial exibition area as well as the trophy room and some stabling. The blue barns will of course also be used for stabling.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Copyright 2008

#4 Marcia Friesen

Marcia Friesen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 03:28 PM

The prizelist is completed and off to the steward and then to AHA for approval. We have targetted the mail dates for late March.

Some changes to the pre-show and first day of Regionals have had to be made as the Red Deer facility was not available to us as early as we had planned due to the QH show having expanded into Sunday evening. Unfortunately another event is booked at the back end of the show and this negated any opportunity to run the show a day longer. Therefore, there will be an overlap of pre-show and Regional classes to accomodate the dates of the show.

The Pre-show will start at 8:00 AM Tuesday July 31st in the Main Ring in the Agricentre.

The Regional show will start at 9:00 AM Tuesday July 31st in the Covered outdoor ring with the Sport Horse in Hand classes and the Outdoor Sand Ring will see the Hunter Hack classes starting at 4:00 PM, with Jumpers to follow.

Our other option was to not host a preshow this year. The Commissioners felt that there was a great enough need for the pre-show to warrant the extra work required to implement the new schedule.

As I mentioned in my earlier post, the Westerner layout is very different now. With that in mind, the commission will be accepting bookings for golf carts at a cost of $300.00 for the duration of the show. These will all have to be prebooked to ensure availability.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Copyright 2008

#5 Prairie Majik Arabians

Prairie Majik Arabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 04:39 PM

We're showing a young horse this year so wish us luck and maybe we'll make it to Regionals.

#6 Marcia Friesen

Marcia Friesen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 05:15 PM

The great thing about Region 17 is that it is in August, so you have all season to get that horse ready. Some of the regionals are so early, it seems like you are barely getting started with the show season and it is already time for regionals.

Good luck getting there!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Copyright 2008

#7 Kristine

Kristine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 07:49 AM

OK so if the Pre-show and the Regionals start at the same time we cannot usew the pre-show for last min qualifications?

i have one i wanted to Qualify at the preshow this year.

Kristine
Proudly a slave for Psyfawn, Ceara, and Black Horse

#8 Marcia Friesen

Marcia Friesen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 06:18 PM

Kris,

Sporthorse regional classes will start first. We do not have sporthorse classes in the preshow.

The preshow is very limited this year because of the time constraints of the facility.

What are you needing to qualify in at the preshow? I will look and see when the class is or if it is offered as the case may be.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Copyright 2008

#9 Kristine

Kristine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 07:27 PM

Hmm what classes would I be trying to slip a late qualifier in for ..LOL

Kristine
Proudly a slave for Psyfawn, Ceara, and Black Horse

#10 Marcia Friesen

Marcia Friesen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 07:54 PM

Hmm what classes would I be trying to slip a late qualifier in for ..LOL
Kristine

You just get out to a class A show and get qualified beforehand!!!! Then you won't have to worry about schedule conflict,lol.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Copyright 2008